DISTRICT COOLING ENERGY AND WATER OPTIMIZATION STUDIES FOR, DUBAI WORLD CENTRAL (DWC), Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Top MEP Consultancy in Dubai, Green Technologies were appointed to study the current status of District Cooling Plants (DCP), its networks was installed under Phase 1 of Master Plan Development Program at DWC and to look out for the best possible solution for the utilization of the capital investment to the current needs of DWC.
|Client:||Dubai World Trade Center|
|Specialist Engineers:||Green Technologies FZCO|
1. Logistic City (Staff Village) Plant Capacity 28000TR
- Review of existing design , Drawings & Design Basis.
- Develop an Operations based model for Energy & Water Utilization.
- Cost options study report and an Development of Architectural-Engineering Guidelines Report.
- Energy model for Staff Village (86 Buildings), to recommend the Energy Conservation Measures to have an energy efficient design & construction.
2. Residential City (DCP-RC-1 & DCP-RC-2) Total Capacity 72000 TR
- Project Phasing plan for chilled water infrastructure.
- DCP Utilization Study (DCP-RC-1 & RC-2).
3. Aviation City Chilled Water Network Study
- Study of Existing CHW Network.
- Concept Design for the new DCP locations and capacities.
- Engineering solution addressing the network pressure, flow and contaminations.
The 3 scopes of this project were namely Logistic City (DCP with 28,000 TR), Residential City (DCP-1 and DCP-2 Total 72,000 TR), and Aviation City where the Chilled Water Plants capacities were yet to be determined.
The task covers the review of the existing DCPs and the chilled water networks, analysis to verify if the plant capacities are adequate, phasing plan for the developments, develop architectural and engineering guidelines to have an environment friendly energy efficient buildings.
This study includes both the design review and the commercial model for energy and water Utilizations. Recommendations on design errors and phasing strategies are provided to utilise the infrastructure as efficient as possible in terms of technical and commercial aspects.