KAU FACULTY HOUSING PROJECT
The KAU Faculty Housing Project is a residential development in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, conceptualized to develop a leading Sustainable Campus and establish itself as an ICON for campus in the Middle East to follow. The development is to adopt high standards of sustainability, creating a high quality of living and establish itself as a prestigious development. The development consists of 780 Villas and 48 Apartment Buildings.
|Owner:||King Abdulaziz University|
|Project Address:||Jeddah, Saudi Arabia|
|Architect/Landscape Arch:||Innovators Consulting Engineers|
|MEP Engineering:||RABYA General Contractors|
|Constn. / Civil / Structural:||RABYA Gen. Contractors Al Arab Construction Co.|
|Sustainability Consultant:||Green Technologies FZCO|
- Energy efficient design and operations, endeavoring to reduce the energy use by more than 30% relative to the existing residential units.
- Water conservation, targeting water use reduction of 30%, relative to the International Plumbing Code.
- A Sustainable Master Plan that will create a strong community experience, with pedestrian friendly design and pleasant surroundings.
- High quality finishes, fit-out, and material selection supported which have low environment foot print and low toxicity.
- Waste reduction programs, both during construction and by occupants.
- Durable, low maintenance design to reduce operating costs.
The KAU housing project wishes to adopt sustainable strategies in an effort to build a high quality development for the residents to live, creating a sustainable community to demonstrate their commitment to become a Sustainability Leader by adopting measures associated with Energy, Water, Materials, and Indoor Environmental Quality.
Green Technologies has been commissioned to develop the Sustainability Master Plan, giving guidelines and direction on incorporating Sustainability Best Practices for the development.