Projects A, B, And C (Retail+Offices+Hotel) Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province, China
The Client, Southeast University, wishes to pursue sustainable Architecture Engineering and Interiors for their Projects A, B, and C which consists of Office Building, Retail, and a Hotel in Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province, China. In this regard, the Client engaged the services of Green Technologies, to carry out a LEED Assessment.
|Sustainability ® Consultant:||Green Technologies FZCO|
The outcome of the assessment revealed that a LEED Silver rating under the LEED 2009 for New Construction and Major Renovations rating system is likely to be achievable, subject to incorporating specific design and construction enhancements.
Sustainability Goals for the Project
- Endeavour to achieve 20% energy savings for Project Buildings A and B (New Buildings) and 16% for Project Building C (Renovation) relative to ASHRAE 90.1-2007
- 40% reduction in lighting power from ASHRAE 90.1-2007
- Application of daylight control and occupancy sensors
- Application of solar mitigating strategies to prevent solar penetration to building
- Water savings above 35%
- Reuse of treated black water / gray water in the flushing of toilets and for irrigation
- Use of native / adapted plant species and non-potable water for landscaping
- Use of environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals in the entire project
- Use of environmentally friendly interior materials (paints, adhesives, sealants, carpets)
- Recycling of construction waste to divert it from going to landfills
- Use of recycled / recyclable products in the building construction
- Endeavouring to achieve the target of using more than 10% of recycled content in the construction materials
- Use of more than 20% Regional materials
- CO2 monitoring and control of air quality improvements
- Daylighting for 75% of the entire occupied spaces and views for more than 90% of regularly occupied spaces.
- Task lighting for visual comfort