Improvement Of Chilled Water Plant Area At Dubai Airport Free Zone, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Project Objectives has been derived from the Risk Assessment Study (RAS) carried out by Green Technologies wherein redundancy strategies were found inadequate and ineffective in times of equipment failures and cooling capacity shortage which will affect the whole development’s chilled water supply for building air conditioning
|Client:||Dubai Airport Free Zone|
|Coordinating Consultant:||Al Gurg Consultants|
|Central Chilled Water Plant & Risk Assessment Consultant: ® Consultant:||Green Technologies FZCO|
- Replacing two (2) existing 1100 TR Chillers with two (2) new 2000 TR Chillers as part of the plant capacity upgrade that is within the plant building limits and to accommodate the cooling load requirements of the future buildings within the existing development.
- Addition of two (2) 2000 TR Cooling Towers to provide additional heat rejection capacity to the existing plant capacity and one (1) stand by unit for back-up in case one cooling tower fails or when it’s under maintenance during peak condition.
- Replacing and upgrading of chilled water and condenser water pumps in line with the upgrade of chillers and the addition of cooling towers.
- Upgrading and re-circuiting of Medium Voltage and Low Voltage Systems to provide redundancy and back-up system switching.
- Replace and Upgrade the water treatment system for chilled water, condenser water and make-up water lines, with use of TSE water.
- Design the cooling tower make-up water system to use TSE (Treated Sewage Effluent) provided by DEWA (Dubai Electricity and Water Authority).
- Design a new Refrigerant Leak Detection and Ventilation System and Smoke Exhaust System within the plant area.
- Design a two independent loop configuration for the main chilled water network line both to provide flexibility and redundancy and to reduce and optimize the pressure head loss of due to overcapacity of pipes
This improvement designed by Green Technologies together both covered the Risk Mitigation and the Plant Capacity Upgrade required by the Client for future addition of buildings in the existing development.
Other featured MEP Engineering projects
Design of chilled water supply system for executive jet terminal and four hangars, Dubai South, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Energy Conservation Measures for Emirates Flight Training Organisation – Airside Facilities