Barwa City and Commercial Avenue Chiller Plant Retrofit – 2014, Doha, Qatar
Located in the Industrial area of Doha, Qatar, Barwa Commercial Avenue (BCA) development comprises of seven buildings extending over a distance of approximately eight kilometers. A neighboring development, Barwa City (BCY) is located adjacent to Barwa Commercial Avenue.
|Specialist ® Consultants:||Green Technologies FZCO|
- Approximately 25% shortfall in installed Cooling Capacity compared with Design requirements.
- An additional 10,000 Tons of Cooling is required to overcome underperformance of the District Cooling System
- Shortfall in pumping capacity in terms of head and flow
- Heavily imbalanced District Cooling System with significant Energy Losses
- Incomplete Installations and operations of the Energy Transfer Stations (ETS) has further strained the anomalies of the existing System.
Green Technologies, as the Specialist Consultants on the Project, was tasked with investigating the lack of Chilled Water Flow from the two District Cooling Plants to BCA and BCY Cooling Loads, by undertaking a comprehensive Technical Peer Review of the District Cooling System serving Barwa Commercial Avenue and Barwa City Developments.
Results of the Investigation by Green Technologies indicated several critical findings, and provided recommendations to alleviate the current problems, more efficient operations of the District Cooling Plants and means and resources to permanently increase the Chilled Water Capacity in District Cooling Plants. Recommendations made by Green Technologies in supporting the Client covered long term solutions together with short term measures deemed indispensable, paying high attention to associated timeframes and anticipated costs to Client.
Other featured MEP Engineering projects
Design of chilled water supply system for executive jet terminal and four hangars, Dubai South, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Energy Conservation Measures for Emirates Flight Training Organisation – Airside Facilities