HP DUBAI OFFICE-DIC 14-LEVEL 3, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hewlett-Packard (HP), a technology solution provider operating in more than 170 countries around the world and one of the world’s largest information technology companies, has embraced environmental sustainability programs to help make the world more sustainable..
|Owner:||Hewlett-Packard Middle East|
|LEED Consultants:||Green Technologies FZCO|
|MEP Consultant:||Green Technologies FZCO|
|Fit-out Contractor:||Al Tayer Stocks LLC|
- Project Connectivity to basic community services
- Walkable distance to bus stop
- SRI compliant roofing to reduce heat island effect
- High performance water saving fixtures and water use reduction by 47%
- Commissioning of the Building Energy-related Systems
- Compliance with ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2007
- Use of Energy Star rated equipment and appliances
- 53.4% reduction in connected lighting power density
- High performance HVAC equipment
- Purchased agreement with off-site renewable energy sources
- Dedicated area for the collection and storage of recyclable materials
- Compliance with ventilation requirements as per ASHRAE Std. 62.1-2007
- Improved Indoor Environmental Quality
- Use of low-emitting materials paints and coatings
- CRI Green Label Plus carpet systems
- Compliance with ASHRAE Standard 55-2004
- Adoption of Green Cleaning Policy and Green Education Program
In following through with this corporate mandate of commitment to sustainability, Hewlett-Packard Middle East FZ-LLC, has pursued LEED certification for the interior fit-out works for their office space in Level 3 of Building 14 at the Dubai Internet City.
Green Technologies FZCO (GT), an Engineering, LEED and Sustainability consultancy firm with extensive experience in delivering iconic Sustainability, Engineering and LEED projects in the Middle East and Asia, was engaged by HP Middle East, to undertake engineering, LEED strategies and documentation, and to provide direction and guidance, ensuring that the requirements for achieving LEED certification were complied with.
On 14 May 2014, the U.S. Green Building Council has awarded the project the LEED Gold certification, under the LEED 2009 for Commercial Interiors rating system.