RBS MIDDLE EAST SHARED SERVICE CENTRE INTERIORS, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Operations Offices of the Royal Bank of Scotland situated in the Dubai Outsource Zone (DOZ) is a fit out development consisting of call centers, offices and allied service units spanning an area of 99,863Sq. Ft. The fit out development was carried out within 2 large buildings that have been procured on a long term lease. Although the leased out base buildings are not LEED certified, they incorporate a number of sustainable features that have helped the pursuit of a LEED for Commercial Interiors certification for the fit out development.
|Client:||ABN AMRO Operations Offices, Dubai Outsource Zone, United Arab Emirates|
|Project Managers:||K S & Associates FZE|
|Interior Design Consultants:||Sankalpan Infrastructure L.L.C|
|MEP Consultant:||Maunsell Consultancy Services Ltd.|
|LEED Consultant:||Green Technologies FZCO|
|Enhanced Commissioning Authority:||Green Technologies FZCO|
Consultancy Services for the LEED Commercial Interiors Certification
Post the Initial LEED Review, Green Technologies facilitated the LEED Process for the ABN AMRO Bank fit out development, conducting a series of workshops with the Project Team and integrating the specific LEED requirements into the Design and Execution of the development. As a result of the documentation of these efforts and its review by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), the Project has now been declared as LEED Gold certified (as of the 19th of December 2008) by the USGBC, under the LEED for Commercial Interiors Version 2.0 rating system.
The RBS Operations Offices, now part of ADCB operation, are the fourth Project to be LEED certified in the United Arab Emirates and the third to be certified as LEED Gold, following the Wafi City District Cooling Chiller Plant One, certified in 2006 (also a Project of Green Technologies) and the Metito Headquarters Building, certified in 2007.
The Project has hereby achieved two more significant titles in parallel, the First LEED Certified Commercial Interiors Project in Dubai, UAE and the Middle East as well as the Largest Project to be LEED certified in the UAE to date. The Project records extensive resource conservation measures gaining more than 43% Energy savings, more than 32% savings on water, and achieving Enhanced Commissioning credit which was performed by Green Technologies. In addition to this, the Project has also been able to make use of Recycled Content for more than 25% of its materials requirement. The adoption of Green Housekeeping, Green Education, Integrated Pest Management and Preventive Maintenance Planning Policies are also highlights of the Project’s LEED Certification.
- Energy efficient, eco-friendly, recycled materials selection
- Minimization of impact on environment associated with tenant changes by long-term lease
- Segregation and recycling of waste during operations
- Recycling and diversion of 75% construction waste from landfill
- Usage of energy efficient ‘T5’ lamps, thereby saving 15% energy on lighting above ASHRAE 90.1 of 2004
- Daylight control, continuous dimming and step switching
- Usage of Energy Star rated office equipment/appliances only
- Enhanced Commissioning of the Building
- Building Measurement & Verification (M&V) Plan
- ‘No Smoking’ Policy
- Deck to deck partitioning of printer/copier rooms
- Use of zero VOC adhesives
- Use of low VOC (50 mg/L) paints
- Usage of CRI certified carpet systems
- 100% covered car parking
- Close proximity (within ¼ mile) to public bus lines
- Close proximity (within ½ mile) of community services
- Comprehensive Transport Management System