SABIC AND GREEN TECHNOLOGIES SIGN MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDINGFOR SUSTAINABLE BUILDINGWORKSHOPS
SABIC and Green Technologies have agreed to collaborate on a series of Sustainable Building workshops at SABIC’s Home of InnovationTM facility in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
SABIC will make the facility available to Participants engaged in the Home of InnovationTM growth initiative, among other relevant industry members, to engage knowledge transfer sessions and training workshops pertaining to sustainable building practices and specifically the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system from the United States Green Building Council (USGBC).
These workshops will be conducted by Green Technologies, a USGBC Education Partner, and are led by USGBC-approved faculty members. The workshops fall under the following categories:
1. USGBC accredited LEED workshops: These workshops are accredited by the USGBC to provide LEED Specific Continuing Education Units (CEUs), and are tailor-made to suit specific professional needs such as LEED for Contractors, LEED for Engineers, and LEED for Architects.
2. Bespoke workshops: These workshops are oriented to sustainable building decision-making and case studies, such as the ‘Sustainability for C-level Executives’ workshop, and the workshop based on the Home of Innovation’s LEED-Platinum rated Demonstration House, designed to inspire futuredevelopments in KSA and the Middle East region to be lessdependent on fossil fuel-based, grid-supplied electricity in deference to on-site renewable energy generation.
Home of InnovationTM Facility, Riyadh, KSA
• Sustainability for C Level Executives
• Home of InnovationTM Performance Goals and Green Building Strategies
• Traditional LEED workshops accredited by USGBC for Continuing Education Units, which comprise intermediate level workshops as well as tailor-made specific advanced workshops for Engineers, Contractors and Architects, namely:
- LEED v4 for Engineers – Advanced level
- LEED v4 for Architects – Advanced level
- LEED v4 for Contractors – Advanced level
- LEED v4 Integrative Process – Intermediate level