The Emicool District Cooling Plant 7 At Motor City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Emicool District Cooling Company commissioned the services of Green Technologies FZCO to conduct a Due Diligence Study on the District Cooling Plant 7 at Motor City.
|Client:||Emicool – Emirates District Cooling|
|District Cooling & Due Diligence Study Consultant:||Green Technologies FZCO|
- Review of Design and As Built Drawings, Basis of Design
- Review of Equipment Submittals
- Review of Operating Strategies and Procedures
- Review of Maintenance Data including breakdown and shut downs.
- Review of Load Profile and Operating Effectiveness.
- Provide Operations Strategies
- Address anomalies in the Operation and Maintenance Manuals
The District Cooling Plant 7 (DCP7) is one of the two district cooling plants serving the whole Motor City Development in Dubai. DCP7 alone has a total installed cooling capacity of 35,000 TR with a chilled water storage capability to supplement its total load at peak hours. The plant is currently operating without any commissioning done or proper turn-over to the operating staff. Plant efficiency is currently low and study shows that design parameters we’re not being implemented during operation.
This study covers both the design review and the operation and maintenance scheme of the plant. Recommendations on design errors and operating strategies are provided to make the plant function as designed and operate the equipment and plant as a whole as energy and cost efficient as possible.
Other featured MEP Engineering projects
Design of chilled water supply system for executive jet terminal and four hangars, Dubai South, Dubai, United Arab Emirates